Benefits of Membership
Irish Rural Link has a thriving membership, which is vital when it comes to presenting rural policy before various policy makers and organisations, including the Government. Irish Rural Link’s membership is continuing to grow and Irish Rural Link, as an organisation, is constantly looking to improve the services that we provide for the members. The principal benefit of becoming a member of Irish Rural Link is that we ensure that your concerns and the concerns of every Irish rural community are represented at National and European level. Therefore, the most effective way of participating in shaping future rural policies and influencing decision makers is to ensure that your voice is heard – by becoming a member of Irish Rural Link.
As a member you can become involved in a number of ways, for example keeping us informed of local rural issues, supporting us with your membership fees or by participating in one of our policy formation working groups, for example our Social Partnership Technical Advisory Group.
Other benefits of membership include:
- An invitation to the Annual Conference and AGM which provides members with the opportunity to explore themes of common interest and to hear from prominent thinkers in the field of rural development.
- Discounted rates and preferential booking for our annual conference are given to members.
- Invitations to a variety of conferences, our Rural Roadshow and funding seminars which allows for the exchange of information on a county-by-county basis.
- Four editions of Irish Rural Links’ newsletter, a policy newsletter and an Annual Report as well as access to policy submissions and research reports.
- Use of Irish Rural Links’ Conference and Meeting Rooms facilities.
- Website providing information for our members and the general public.
- Members can advertise upcoming events and job vacancies for free.
- Opportunity to be nominated to the Executive Board of Irish Rural Link as well as the right to vote.
- Access to a comprehensive collection of resource fact sheets and publications with up-to-date information on good community development practice, governance, management, finance and communications.
- Offers of discounts on promotional offers that become available throughout the year.
- Email bulletins on related news and events of relevance to community groups and rural dwellers
- Invitation to policy consultations that take place throughout the year that feed into debate and raise concerns about government policies and strategies that affect rural communities.
- Opportunity to enter Irish Rural Links National Awards competition that takes place annually.