National Rural Network
Irish Rural Link leads a consortium made up of The Wheel, NUI Galway and Farrelly& Co to deliver the National Rural Network. The overall aim of the National Rural Network is to build and sustain a membership-based network that maximises the beneficial outcomes of the rural development programme.
The NRN achieves its aim through the following objectives:
- Raising awareness of key issues of rural concern identified by the RDP and identifying best practice models within a national and international context that can be disseminated to relevant stakeholders. Creating a collaborative process between relevant stakeholders to enhance the delivery and quality of the RDP;
- Establishing a supportive themed working group system which will act on key themes emerging from the Rural development Programme;
- Facilitating communication of the RDP-outputs to targeted stakeholders and groups;
- Gathering best practice in all relevant areas and communicating and disseminating to all key stakeholders and groups;
- Supporting the Managing Authority in its networking, dissemination and communication objectives.
Our ambition is to maximise the impact of the RDP 2014-2020 by bringing it into the lives of as many people and communities as possible, and by communicating its key opportunities and outputs to all relevant stakeholders.