About Irish Rural Link
- To reflect the views of IRL rural community members to policy makers at local, regional, national and European policy levels.
- To influence local and community development in our changing rural areas.
- To collate, support and disseminate models of rural development to all relevant stakeholders.
- To develop the organisation and management of IRL in a manner that is inclusive, participatory and sustainable.
- To help support viable communities in rural Ireland where every person would have meaningful work, adequate income and social services, and where infrastructures needed for sustainable development would be in place.
- To highlight, publicise and respond to key rural issues through operational projects and programmes Irish Rural Link is run by a small and dedicated core of professional staff members which aims at all times to drive forward the rural agenda, aid our members and influence the various political levels on rural issues. They are supported by a voluntary Executive Board.
IRL Executive Board
Chairperson – Longford Women’s Link
Secretary – NUI Maynooth
Treasurer – Duagh FRC
Flexibus – Louth, Meath, Fingal Locallink
Vice Chairperson – Ballyhoura Development
Dr. Maura Farrell
University of Galway
Kenagh Coop, Kenagh Co. Longford
Westmeath Community Development
Rural Transport Network
RHS Homecare, Galway
Community Wetlands Forum